Chilli roasted Pistachios anyone?
These chilli roasted pistachios just plain gets it! Great for picnics or appetizers you can’t go wrong with this easy dish so I really hope you give it a try. Once made, they keep for months in an air-tight container in a cool and dark place. I usually quadruple this recipe for that reason.
The spicy and savoury ingredients would work with almost any type of nut but I really love the colour of the shells with the red chili. The tangy lime really wakes up the sweetness of the pistachios.
I purchase unsalted pistachios. If you can only find salted pistachios, leave the salt out of the recipe and add it at the end.
International & UK Orders
- 2 cups pistachios
- ½ fresh lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven 150°C (275°F).
- Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Stir in pistachios to coat evenly.
- Spread the nuts over a baking tray.
- Roast on the middle rack for about 30 minutes or until the spice mixture has dried on the nuts and nut shells.
- The aroma in your kitchen will be amazing as they roast.
- After about 30 minutes, remove the nuts from the oven. The nuts will get more crispy as they cool.
Whether you are planning an Indian dinner or you just want something different to present at your next get-together, chilli roasted pistachio should be on your list.