This easy tomato salsa is excellent served on Mexican food but it is also one of my favourites for topping kebabs. Today I’ve written a recipe for Brazilian black bean and pork stew and it went exceptionally well with it too.
Really, I can’t think of many dishes it wouldn’t go well with. From seafood to burgers, this is a good one that adds both colour and flavour.
I must have hundreds of salsa recipes from my days growing up in California. Many are difficult to make here in the UK as the ingredients aren’t readily available. This one is therefore my go-to salsa most weekends.
With the Rio Olympics in full swing, I thought I should post this recipe now.
If you’re looking for a delicious one pot dish to enjoy in front of the games, whip up my black bean and pork stew and don’t forget the salsa!
- 5 medium tomatoes - deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 2 - 3 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt - or to taste
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 2 tablespoons beer
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place in the fridge for the flavours to develop for about an hour.
- Serve as a topping on whatever dish you want. This goes well with crisps too.