Personally, I love these skewered garlicky new potatoes better than chips and that’s saying a lot. The bonus is these new potatoes are a lot better for you too. That goes without saying.
They are slightly spicy which I of course like and their smoky flavour goes so nicely with the rosemary. If I’m not cooking for the kids, I add a lot more chilli powder.
You can serve these with pretty much anything. From burgers to curry, you really can’t go wrong with these on the side.
If you would like to make them a little less healthy, be sure to dip them in mayonnaise. Talk about out of this world. I’m not allowed to do that very often though. 🙂
These grilled garlicky new potatoes are part of a series of summertime recipes I am writing for my friends at Aldi. All of these ingredients can be easily found at your local Aldi supermarket.
I used home dried rosemary but fresh can also be used. Just chop in up very small and blend it into the oil.
International & UK Orders
- 500g new potatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary or two tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 5 cloves garlic smashed into a paste
- A pinch of red chilli powder or paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the new potatoes for about ten minutes. They are ready when you can stick a fork in easily but with a little resistance.
- Remove from the water to cool.
- Place the new potatoes in the marinade and marinate for about an hour. Longer won't hurt.
- When ready to grill, light your charcoal and wait until it is white hot as pictured.
- If using skewers, carefully skewer the potatoes and place over the heat. They can also be cooked on a grill.
- Be sure to rotate often until very tender and charred on the exterior. It's difficult to overcook a potato It's better to cook them too much than not enough. No one likes a hard potato. 🙂
- Check for seasoning and paste with some of the remaining marinade.
Disclaimer: Aldi is a sponsor of my blog and I was paid to produce this recipe. The new potatoes were perfect for this recipe as were the other ingredients. All opinions are my own. 🙂