Pork Lettuce Wraps
This is one that can be made very quickly after work. We’re talking less than 20 minutes!
It’s a Chinese/Indian fusion recipe that I normally make with soy sauce and rice wine vinegar but here I’ve given these pork lettuce wraps an Indian touch with the coconut amino and coconut vinegar.
These products may be produced with coconut but they don’t taste of coconut at all. The coconut amino is an excellent, gluten free and soy free alternative to soy sauce. It is far less salty too.
Wrap the cooked pork and mushrooms into crisp lettuce leaves and enjoy on their own or dipped into more coconut amino, hot sauce any sauce you like. You’ll love these pork lettuce wraps!
Make the recipe your own
I used coconut amino for these Asian pork wraps and also coconut vinegar. They are also great with regular light soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.Instead of mushrooms you could really use any Asian vegetable. I think they would also be delicious with bamboo shoots.
If you love this recipe try these similar ones:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or rapeseed oil
- 4 spring onions - roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 x 2" piece of ginger - finely chopped
- 2 red bullet chillies - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 750g lean pork mince
- 10 (or so) button or wild mushrooms - finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons coconut amino
- 2 tablespoons spicy coconut vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- Iceberg lettuce leaves - separated into crispy wraps
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. When hot, add the spring onions, garlic, ginger, chilli flakes and chillies.
- Fry for about a minute to allow the oil to absorb the flavour of the aromatics.
- Now add the minced pork and mushrooms and fry until cooked through.
- Pour in the coconut amino and vinegar adding a little more too taste if you like.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the garam masala and chopped coriander.
- Serve hot, wrapped in cold crisp lettuce leaves. You can add more amino or spoon over your favourite hot sauce.