This Chilli Garlic Broccoli is so easy to make and delicious too.
This recipe is proof that vegetable dishes don’t have to be boring. It may be very simple to make as there are so few ingredients, but what is in it makes the chilli garlic broccoli dish exciting!
When I have friends around for a Chinese feast, I like to serve a few easy vegetable dishes. We all need our veggies but I usually put most of my effort into the starters. It’s nice to have a few vegetable side dishes that can be prepared in minutes that compliment and don’t compete with the other dishes on the table.
That is exactly what you’re going to get with this one. Any type of broccoli will do. You just need to cut it all up good and small so that it fries quickly and evenly.
If you enjoyed this recipe try these similar recipes:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 spring onions - roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 x 2" piece of ginger - finely chopped
- 1 - 2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 400g broccoli - roughly chopped into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Toss in the spring onions, garlic and ginger and stir fry for about a minute until your kitchen becomes fragrant.
- Stir in the chilli flakes and then add the broccoli.
- Fry for a couple of minutes and then add the water to help the broccoli cook through.
- When the broccoli is al dente, stir in the soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or continue to fry until the broccoli is cooked to your preferred doneness.