This Chilli Garlic Broccoli is so easy to make and delicious too.
This recipe is proof that vegetable dishes don’t have to be boring. It may be very simple to make as there are so few ingredients, but what is in it makes the chilli garlic broccoli dish exciting!
When I have friends around for a Chinese feast, I like to serve a few easy vegetable dishes. We all need our veggies but I usually put most of my effort into the starters. It’s nice to have a few vegetable side dishes that can be prepared in minutes that compliment and don’t compete with the other dishes on the table.
That is exactly what you’re going to get with this one. Any type of broccoli will do. You just need to cut it all up good and small so that it fries quickly and evenly.
If you enjoyed this recipe try these similar recipes:
Garlic & Mustard Roast Broccoli
Tandoori Broccoli and Cauliflower
Garam Masala Broccoli
Spicy Garlic Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 spring onions - roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 x 2" piece of ginger - finely chopped
- 1 - 2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 400g broccoli - roughly chopped into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Toss in the spring onions, garlic and ginger and stir fry for about a minute until your kitchen becomes fragrant.
- Stir in the chilli flakes and then add the broccoli.
- Fry for a couple of minutes and then add the water to help the broccoli cook through.
- When the broccoli is al dente, stir in the soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or continue to fry until the broccoli is cooked to your preferred doneness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sunday 17th of October 2021
This is a really lovely broccoli recipe...thank you. I shall endeavour to save it...I would like to cook it again.
Monday 18th of October 2021
Thanks very much, I am really glad you enjoyed it. Dan
Tuesday 10th of August 2021
Thank you for the great recipe! This was a perfect side with my chicken tikka masala. I liked that the flavors weren't too similar and the heat was perfect (I used just one teaspoon of chili flake). And I would also like to say how much I appreciate the grace with which you reply to some of the unnecessarily critical comments. Love your positivity!! :))))
Thursday 12th of August 2021
Thank you very much for your kind comments! Dan
Thursday 3rd of June 2021
So good! I finished with lemon and it was perfect!
Thursday 3rd of June 2021
Great to hear! Lemon at the end is a good finishing touch! Thanks Dan
Wednesday 23rd of May 2018
A very nice dish. I cooks up fast and easy once all the chopping is done. I think I agree that the sesame oil works better added at the end and use a high heat oil for the cooking. I served this with chicken Tikka masala and kashmiri dum aloo and they all worked very nicely together.
Monday 14th of January 2019
Great to hear. Thank you.
Monday 23rd of April 2018
So not really Indian, more of an Asian vibe to it, especially with the sesame and soy.
Monday 30th of April 2018
It is pretty Asian but lots of Indian food these days has that influence. Give it a try. I love it.