Spicy Roasted Corn on the Cob
When I served this recipe for lime roasted corn on the cob to friends, I ended up having to make more. They loved it that much. Luckily I had some more corn on hand!
This is such an easy recipe but flavours are out of this world. The unique and to many unrecognisable flavour of the black salt and tangy amchoor really make this recipe for roasted corn on the cob special.
I cook this directly over the fire on my gas hob. If you don’t have a gas hob, you could cook the corn on the bbq. If all else fails, you could always boil the corn for about five minutes until cooked through but you will be missing the delicious charred flavour and texture.
Make the recipe for spicy roasted corn on the cob your own:
I would definitely recommend cooking this spicy corn on the cob directly over fire as the char flavour is what makes this recipe so great. The black salt and amcoor taste great together char grilled and the lime juice sets the char flavour off perfectly. Rub as much or as little lime juice on the cobs as you choose, I like them to be quite tangy in flavour but it is entirely up to you.
If you love this recipe for spicy, tangy corn on the cob give these other similar ones a try:
Spicy Indian Sweet Corn
Spice & Lime Roasted Corn
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 limes – quartered
- Pre-heat your oven to 150c (300f). Place a tray in it with about 5 tablespoons unsalted butter and let it melt.
- Mix all the spices on a serving plate and prepare your limes. Set aside
- Fire up you gas hob or BBQ and grill the corn directly over the flame. As you hear the corn begin to crackle turn it slightly and continue doing this until you have a mixture of yellow and blackened corn kernels. .
- Place the cooked corn cobs in the oven pan and roll around in the melted butter. Leave in the oven while you cook the rest of your corn cobs. I usually cook two at a time.
- Serve hot and tell friends to dip the lime wedges in the spice blend and then rub the spices, while squeezing out the lime juice over the corn.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thursday 16th of November 2017
I just love this spice lime roasted corn recipe! I made it for my family and came out amazing. Followed your instructions word to word and I wouldn’t change a thing!
Wednesday 10th of January 2018
Great to hear Stephanie. Thank you.