You’ve got to eat your veggies! They’re good for you.
This is a tasty way of getting your 5 a day. Tandoori vegetables can be served as a side dish or you could add the vegetables to any of the restaurant style curries on my blog to make a vegetarian version of the curry.
The gram flour adds both flavour and a delicious appearance to the tandoori vegetables. It makes the marinade thicker which looks great when grilled.
You could also place these tandoori vegetables on a lightly oiled baking tray and cook them in a hot oven until lightly charred and cooked through. Personally though, I enjoy the smoky flavour and char that comes from cooking them over hot coals on skewers.
You can use any vegetables you like for this tandoori vegetable recipe. If using harder vegetable such as carrots or potatoes, you might want to simmer then until fork tender before adding them to the marinade.
Try these tandoori vegetables in one of these famous curry sauces!
- 1 head of broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion – quartered
- 3 tablespoons gram flour
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Juice of on lemon
- Salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the broccoli and cauliflower florets. Boil until 50% cooked. About a two or three minutes should do. Remove the vegetables from the water to cool.
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients and place the broccoli and cauliflower in a large mixing bowl with the sliced onion and pour the marinade over it all. Stir so that all of the vegetables are equally coated.
- When ready to cook, prepare you barbecue grill. Skewer the vegetables and cook directly over the hot coals until cooked through.
- Season with salt to taste and serve immediately.