Chicken lollipops are real crowd pleasers!
Whether you planning a big curry feast with friends or you just want to make something fun and festive, you’ve got to try these tandoori chicken lollipops.
At first you might find it to be a lot of work but as you make your chicken lollipops, you will get faster at it.
Barbecued chicken lollipops are great party food.
All of the skin and meat are removed from the leg bones giving you the perfect handle to pick them up with.
I like to serve these as part of a meal but you could also place them on platters and serve them at a party.
I usually make twice as much marinade as suggested below. It makes a perfect dip for these chicken lollipops. Just be sure to put some aside before adding the chicken lollipops to marinate.
I recommend working a day or two ahead the first time you make these. Not only will the chicken lollipops benefit from being in the marinade longer, it also gets the biggest chore out of the way.
Moving that chicken meat up the leg bone can be a bit fiddly but it does get easier.
Believe me, it does get easier.
International & UK Orders
- About 20 chicken legs - prepared as photographed above
- 1 large bunch coriander
- Juice of two limes
- 3 green chilli peppers - roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic/ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 7 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Place all of the ingredients up to the Greek yoghurt in a blender and blend until you have a paste. You may need to add a little water to do this.
- Pour the paste into a large bowl and add the yoghurt. Whisk it until you have a smooth marinade. If you like, you can remove some of the marinade to use as a dip. I often double the marinade recipe so that there is plenty of dip.
- Season the marinade with salt and black pepper to taste and rub it into the chicken pieces, both under and on top of the skin. Leave for 2 to 48 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to its highest setting. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and roast on high until browned and cooked through. This should take about an hour but watch it.
- Serve as a meal or place on serving trays as party food. The drumsticks are really easy to pick up and eat without much mess.