Kachumber is a popular salad at many Indian restaurants. Sometimes it’s on the menu but often it’s simply used to garnish dishes.
Use the freshest ingredients you can find. Fresh makes all the difference when you’re making kachumber!
Kachumber salad makes a nice side dish as it doesn’t compete with the other dishes served. It’s colourful and crisp which and really helps bring the meal together.
Make this kachumber salad recipe your own.
Like most Indian salad recipes, it is a very good idea to taste as you go. We all have different taste preferences so tasting along the way will make sure your kachumber is the best it can be.
Feel free to adjust the recipe as you please.
Also, Kachumber salads are served in many different ways. You can adjust the size of the cut vegetables to your liking. Photographed is my preference.
If you’re looking for delicious Indian salad ideas, you might like to try some of these…
- 1 red onion – cut into tiny cubes
- 1 cucumber – cut into tiny cubes
- 1 – 2 tomatoes – cut into tiny cubes
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mix your chopped red onion, cucumber and tomatoes together in a large bowl.
- Pour in the oil, lemon juice, chopped coriander, cumin seeds and salt and pepper taste. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy this simple kachumber! If you do try it, please don’t be a stranger! I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.