The best whopper recipe is the one you make at home!
No need to go out for a Whopper. You can get far better results if you make this Whopper recipe yourself. The homemade Whopper is juicy, tasty and everything you could possibly want in a burger!
Why should you make your own Whopper?
Fast food restaurants are great for convenience but let’s face it… homemade burgers are so much better. When you make this Whopper recipe, you are in control of everything that goes into it. From the freshness of the burger buns to the ground beef you use.
Put simply, making your own burgers is always best. I hope you find this Whopper recipe to be right up there with your favourite burgers.
This is recreating my first Whopper experience.
I can still remember the first time I went to Burger King. I was about 10 and my family stopped there on our way back home after a week in Tahoe. The fast food burger chain wasn’t found all over the place like it is today.
I had a Whopper and it was amazing! Bigger than my hands!
The buns were nicely toasted and topped with a flame grilled burger with lots of fresh lettuce, tomatoes and onions. It was a completely different burger experience to what you get these days, served luke warm from a Microwave. For this reason, I decided to recreate that first experience with this Whopper.
Make this Whopper recipe and you can experience the BK of yesteryear!
Tips on getting this Whopper recipe right.
I have never cut corners when making a Whopper. Whenever I recreate any burger recipe, it has to be delicious and memorable! I do love my burgers.
If you like copying burger recipes like I do, then I’m sure you’ll agree they need to be better than the original or there really isn’t any point in making it. Right?
This means using the freshest and best quality ingredients you can get your hands on. Far better than the ingredients used in a fast food restaurant. You want the best quality, well aged beef.
About the burger buns for this Whopper recipe
I baked my own fresh burger buns and that really does make a big difference. You could purchase good quality fresh buns but if you want to try making your own, I highly recommend doing so.
How do you cook the burger patties?
You could fry the meat in a pan but if you want the original Burger King flame grilled flavour, you need to cook on a BBQ which is how I prepared my homemade Whopper.
Are you ready to get started making the best Whopper you will ever try? Go for it!
Want to try a few more copycat burgers?
You might also like to try my homemade Big Mac, Smash Burger or In-n-Out Double Double.
Another not as well know but locally famous recipe is the amazing Oklahoma Onion Burger!
Be sure to stack your Whopper with ingredients in the exact order shown.
How To Make A Double Whopper With Cheese
- 2 x quarter pound beef patties pressed thinly and round
- 1 sesame seed burger bun - about 6" diameter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 slices of 100% Cheddar deli slices
- 2 slices of tomato
- Dill pickle slices
- Shredded lettuce
- Onion slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a gas or charcoal BBQ until very hot. If using charcoal, you want the coals to be white hot.
- Start by preparing your bun. Toast your buns, sliced side down in a little butter until nicely browned.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the top bun.
- Now place your burger patties on the hot grill and cook for about two minutes. They should not take long to cook through as they are so thin.
- Season the burgers generously with salt and pepper and then flip them over.
- Top with the cheese slices and grill for a further couple of minutes.
- When cooked to your liking, place one patty on top of the other and transfer to the bottom bun.
- Top the cheese with the sliced pickles followed by three rings of ketchup.
- Now place the onion rings on top of the ketchup followed by the tomatoes (place side by side) and then the shredded lettuce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1241Total Fat: 97gSaturated Fat: 38gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 51gCholesterol: 227mgSodium: 1526mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 7gSugar: 10gProtein: 54g
I hope you enjoy this homemade burger recipe. If you do give it a try, please don’t be a stranger. Let me know in the comments. Do you have a favourite restaurant burger you would like a burger recipe for?