This bulgogi sauce isn’t just delicious on beef bulgogi!
The thing is, this delicious bulgogi sauce isn’t only amazing with beef bulgogi. You can serve it with many different meats from pork to chicken.
It adds a mild and mouthwatering heat to many different Asian dishes.
Be sure to make this bulgogi sauce recipe to taste!
As with so many Asian recipes where you want to achieve the perfect combination of sweet, sour, savoury and sour, this bulgogi dipping sauce is no exception.
I recommend adding the ingredients to taste.
Add less than stated in the recipe if in doubt. You can always add more to your own preferences.
Other ways to serve this sauce…
Although this is a classic bulgogi sauce, it is good with so many things.
Try marinating chicken pieces or a whole chicken in it. It’s so good served with crispy pork belly pieces or beef ribs.
If it sounds good, it probably will be. This is a great recipe to have in your recipe arsenal!
You can make this dipping sauce a day or two ahead of serving. If you like crispy, fresh spring onions (scallions) though, be sure to add them just before serving.
Mix this sauce in advance and the flavours will develop and become even better.
Step by step…
As you will see from the recipe below, this is a really easy recipe. The photos below are featured simply to stress the importance of each step.
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sugar (more or less to taste)
- 2 tbsp honey (more or less to taste)
- 5 tbsp rice win or dry sherry
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- This is an easy one! Simply place all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- I recommend adding the sugar, honey, gochujang and chilli flakes to taste. So taste as you go.
- This bulgogi dipping sauce is of course amazing with beef bulgogi but it is also a delicious marinade or dipping sauce for pork and chicken.