This might just be the best honey glazed baked salmon you’ll ever try!
This is honestly one of the easiest Asian honey glazed baked salmon recipes out there. I wanted to ensure that it was as I am going to include this in my next cookbook. It’s mildly spiced, sweet, sour and savoury. What more could you want in a baked salmon recipe?
About this baked salmon recipe…
I have always, and I do mean always cooked honey roast salmon on my barbecue. I love the smoky flavour with all those delicious ingredients.
I’m currently writing a cookbook, however, featuring spicy recipes from around the world that you can cook in one pan or pot. So I went to work on this indoor version of one of my favourite recipes for baked salmon.
To be honest, the smoky flavour just isn’t missed as there are so many delicious and aromatic ingredients here that taste so good together.
Is baked salmon difficult to get right?
Not at all! I get asked this question often. Not just about salmon but other seafood.
You just need to watch it so that it doesn’t overcook. So when you read the Asian baked salmon recipe below, be sure to use it as a guide. Your piece of salmon might cook faster than mine as ovens vary as does the thickness of each side of salmon.
Watch it. When the salmon has been baking for about 10 minutes, stick a fork or knife in it. If it flakes away easily, it’s almost done. I aim for flaky and a bit pink in the centre.
How fussy is this Asian baked salmon?
I promise you, this is easy. All you have to do is whisk the sauce ingredients together and pour it all over the salmon.
Then you wrap it up and bake, before charring under the grill (broiler). From start to finish, this recipe will take less than 30 minutes, making it the perfect after work meal.
This looks like it could be too spicy for me.
My honey glazed baked salmon is a bit spicy. I like it that way.
You, however are in charge. This is your baked salmon recipe so make it the way you want. You could leave the chillies and dried chilli flakes out if you like or reduce the amount.
Step by step photos of honey glazed baked salmon…
If you like this Asian honey glazed baked salmon, try some of these too…
- 1 kg (2 lbs) side of salmon
- 70ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 3 green bird's eye chillies, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions (scallions) thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f.
- Whisk the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, chilli flakes, green chillies, rice wine, sesame oil and sriracha in a mixing bowl to combine.
- Place the salmon on a piece of foil that is large enough to wrap around it. Pour the sauce mixture over the top and rub it into the flesh. Then wrap it all up tightly into a packet.
- Place the salmon in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. Then unwrap the package so that the salmon is exposed and grill (broil) for another 5 minutes or until the honey has caramelised and charred in places.
- Garnish with the chopped spring onions (scallions) to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 556mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g
I hope you enjoy this honey glazed baked salmon recipe. If you do try it, please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you.