Tandoori Chestnut Mushrooms
This is a nice one that’s just as good for summertime barbecues as it is for cold winter nights in. I make it quite often and usually serve it as a light lunch or side dish for a curry night with friends.
The recipe is really low in calories though you’d never know it. These mushrooms are packed with flavour and definitely worth a try.
I like to cook the whole mushrooms on the skewers though my wife prefers them cooked in smaller pieces. I’ll leave that up to you.
Whatever you decide, you are going to love dipping these into the spicy sauce. It’s so easy to make because it’s just the left over marinade that has been warmed up.
You will want to marinate the mushrooms for 30 minutes to an hour but it only takes about ten minutes to plate up after that.
If you like this recipe try my other vegetarian recipes:
Large Tandoori Mushrooms with Tandoori Raita
Tandoori Large Flat Mushrooms
Quorn Balti with Mushrooms and Peas
Indian Pickled Vegetables
Spicy Mediterranean Vegetables
Vegetable Fried Rice
Tandoori Chestnut Mushroom Tikka
- 250g chestnut mushrooms or similar
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 green chilli - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon red smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon amchoor - dried mango powder or citric acid
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Juice of three limes
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil
- 200ml Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to its highest setting.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Now place you mushrooms in the marinade.
- Allow the mushrooms to marinate for about an hour, stirring to coat from time to time.
- Skewer the mushrooms onto the wooden skewers and place on a rack at the top of your oven.
- Place the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and heat until hot but not boiling. Set aside while the mushrooms cook.
- After about eight minutes, the mushrooms should be ready. Serve with the warmed marinade.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tuesday 15th of April 2014
Thank you very much Prash. :-)
Prash @ YummilyYours
Friday 4th of April 2014
These look perfect! :) and I like the idea of using the remaining marinade...