Tsatziki Sauce Recipe
Here’s an easy Tzatziki sauce recipe for you. Tzatziki is a Greek Garlic and Yogurt sauce that is so good served with pitas and gyros. There are quite a lot of variations but this is one I make all the time. Feel free to experiment by adding different herbs etc. You could add any herbs you have available, the Greeks seems to add whatever they have to hand in the way of herbs.
I often do depending on what I’m serving it with. Mint and parsley are nice additions if you are serving lamb gyros. Fresh dill goes well with salmon kebabs. You could also add chopped chillies if you like spicy food.
If you can’t be bothered to go to a lot of works, Try dipping fresh crudités or crackers in this mouthwatering garlic dip.
This tzatziki sauce recipe goes really well with my pork gyros, the recipe is below.
Try these recipes that go very well with my tzatziki sauce recipe:
Pre Cooked Lamb
Pre cooked Chicken
- 500ml Plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber - grated
- Juice of one lime or lemon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Check for seasoning and add any fresh chopped herbs you like.
- For best results, cover and allow to sit in the fridge for about four hours. This is not essential but the flavour does get even better with time.