Avacado and Tomato Salad
If you’re trying to get your five a day in, this avacado and tomato salad ticks all the boxes. I make this one all the time. It’s great on its own but I do like to use it to garnish kebabs, hummus, and meat and fish dishes.
The flavours all go so well together. Make a large batch and eat it on the day or store it in the fridge, tightly covered for up to two days.
I love Mexican guacamole and this is simply a play on it. It’s a lot better for you and I do like all the different textures.m If you like things spicy why not add some red or green chillies. It is a mellow salad with lots of fresh ingredients but there is no reason why it can’t be spiced up.
If you love this salad that goes great with Indian food try my other salad recipes:
- 1 large avocado - cut into small cubes
- 2 small medium sized firm tomatoes - diced
- 1 onion - diced
- 2 green chilli peppers - finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of one to two limes
- Simply place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- If serving later, I recommend adding the juice of two limes as it will help ensure that the avocado doesn't discolour.
- Cover tightly if storing in the fridge.