Lately I’ve been coming up with curry house style dishes that can be made in minutes. I know how important it is to be able to eat well but lately I’ve had very little time on my hands.
This lamb biryani recipe is so easy and can literally be made in minutes. There’s no need for an expensive takeaway when you can cook a dish like this that fast.
Heck, I didn’t even bother to make garlic and ginger paste. I just chopped it up finely and threw it in. You really can’t notice a difference so I thought I should point that out.
You could add about 200ml (2/3 cup) of chopped tomatoes instead of the tomato puree. To make this amount of tomato puree, simply blend two tablespoons of thick tomato paste with four tablespoons of water.
I like to serve this biryani with coriander and mint raita. Here’s my super easy recipe.
If you like this recipe try these other lamb recipes:
International & UK Orders
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon panch poran
- 2 onions - finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- Equal amount of ginger - finely chopped
- 2 red or green chillies - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 500g minced lamb
- 150g baby spinach leaves - washed and shredded
- 150ml tomato puree
- 3 cups (or so) cooked, cold basmati rice
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- When visibly hot, toss in the panch poran and temper the spices for about 30 seconds and then add the chopped onions.
- Sauté for about five minutes until soft and translucent. Then add the garlic, ginger and chillies.
- Fry for a further minute and then stir in the curry powder followed by the minced lamb.
- Brown the meat for a couple of minutes and then add the tomato puree and spinach.
- Stir the spinach in and it will blend in as shown above.
- To finish, stir in the cold cooked rice and carefully move it around in the oil as you do.
- Season with salt to taste and sprinkle with garam masala to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.