This yogurt sauce is so easy to make. It is good on so many different dishes. Yoghurt sauce is a must for chaats like samosa chaat and Dahi Papdi Chaat. It is also really good squirted on top of kebabs and wraps.
Yogurt sauce is generally referred to as raita in Indian restaurants. I love it with poppadoms as a starter but is also goes well served with many of my curries. It can work very well with the spiciness of the stronger curries. I like to have an array of chutneys with poppadoms but to make it easy just choose a simple raita as thsi recipe and a few of my chutney suggestions listed below. Delicious!
If you enjoy this Indian dip give my other chutneys a go!
- 500g plain natural yoghurt (shop bought or homemade)
- Juice of one lime
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder (or to taste)
- Chaat Masala and/or salt to taste
- Place the yoghurt and all the other ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until creamy smooth and keep it in the fridge until required.