Oh my God this one is good! I had a basic recipe for this garlic chutney but I decided to go all out and add a lot more garlic and it worked. I promise you, if you like garlic and spice you are going to love this simply garlic chutney.
I serve it with dosas and idlis but there really is no limit as to what you can dip into it. French bread, veggies, steak… you name it, it works.
So then, I took the time to type this up so I hope you take the time to give it a try. It’s so easy to make and there is so much delicious flavour. Serve it to guests and they will be begging for the recipe.
I am a huge fan of homemade dosas. They take some practice to get right but once you do, you’ll be glad you took the time. Try this garlic chutney with masala dosas! My recipe is here.
Make the recipe your own
I love garlic and could never have too much of it but obviously reduce the recipe from 40 coves if you think that sounds a bit much!
If you like this recipe try these similar ones:
International & UK Orders
- 4 tbsp rapeseed (canola) oil
- 40 cloves garlic - peeled and lightly crushed
- 10 dried Kashmiri chillies - seeded if you want a milder chutney
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 10 fresh or frozen curry leaves
- Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan. When bubbles begin to form at the bottom, add the garlic cloves and chillies.
- Fry until the garlic is soft and lightly browned. Be careful not to burn the garlic or it will become bitter.
- Blend the garlic, chillies and tamarind concentrate in just enough water to form a thick paste and transfer to a serving dish.
- Taste this and stir in salt to taste.
- Now heat up the remaining oil in a small pan over a medium-high heat. When hot and bubbly, add the mustard seeds. When the seeds begin to pop, add the curry leaves and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Pour this oil mixture over the garlic chutney. Garlic chutney can be eaten hot or cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 49Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g