You can really make egg dosas anytime of day. This breakfast egg version is a real favourite around our house. It only takes minutes to make.
You will need to make the dosa batter first. I always have some on hand. It keeps in the fridge for about a week and you can even freeze it.
If you’re a dosa fan, be sure to watch my blog! I have so many new and exciting recipes for you. Dosas take a bit of practice but once you get them down, you’ll be making dosas regularly too. They are so addictive.
If you enjoyed this recipe for egg dosas try these other dosa recipes:
- Rapeseed oil for frying
- 1/2 onion
- 1 batch dosa batter
- 2 eggs per dosa
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala for every two eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red onion - finely chopped
- Heat your pan over medium heat. If using a temperature controlled pan, 180c should do the job. If not, your pan is ready when a few drops of water evaporate immediately on contact.
- Spread about one half teaspoon of oil over the top with the half onion.
- When your pan is up to heat, pour about 200ml (3/4 cup) of batter in the centre. Use the back of a ladle or a flat bottomed cup to spread the batter outward in a circular motion until you have a thin dosa.
- Beat the eggs and add the garam masala and salt and pepper to taste. Spread this mixture over the dosa. It will cook on top of the hot dosa.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the top with finely chopped red onion.
- When the dosa begins to break away at the edges, drizzle about 1/2 teaspoon of oil around the circumference. This will made the edges nice and crispy.
- When the dosa is browned on the bottom, fold it into a tube shape or simply fold the dosa in half to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.