Indian yogurt sauce
Indian Yogurt sauce with the addition of tomato is so nice and cooling. It’s great served with papadams and spooned over spicy lamb kebabs and biryanis.
It can be made well ahead of time so why not give it a try next time you are planning that big curry feast? Whenever I invite friends over for a curry evening, I always make a nice selection of raita, pickles and chutneys. These are not only nice to look at but they also add so many different flavours to the meal.
All of the raitas, pickles and chutneys on my blog are easy to prepare but your friends needn’t know this. They will think you’ve slaved for hours.
- 250ml plain yogurt
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 1 tomato – diced
- 1 clove garlic – finely chopped
- 1 green or red chilli – finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped coriander
- A pinch of red chilli powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Juice of one lime
- Salt to taste
- Whisk the yogurt until smooth and creamy. Then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir it all up, check for seasoning and you’re done! Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving.