Each of the curry recipes on my site can be served with plain white rice. This coriander rice with lime is so good it can be served on its own. I like to serve it with seafood curries. The combination of the coriander (cilantro) and lime goes so well with seafood.
To make this recipe, you will need to start by making my no fail white rice recipe. Then it takes just a few minutes to spice it all up to something extraordinary.
For best results, allow the white rice to cool completely in the fridge before using. You never want to fry warm or hot rice as it will turn to much. So cold, dry rice from the fridge is the way to go.
You can make the rice a coupe of days before making it into this coriander rice recipe. If cooking ahead, be sure to cool it off quickly and get it into the fridge.
Then, equally important is that the coriander rice be piping hot before serving.
Like the look of this halibut curry? Why not try some of these?
- 1 x plain white rice recipe
- 1 large bunch fresh coriander
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 – 3 green chilli peppers
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Juice of two limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the coriander, garlic, chillies and cumin powder in a pestle and mortar and pound into a paste. Then, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry this mixture for about 40 seconds.
- Very carefully, transfer the white fluffy rice to the pan with the coriander. Don’t just dump it in or the rice will split. Just spoon in a little at a time.
- Move the rice around in the coriander oil until it is equally coated all over. Squeeze the lime juice over the top and season with salt and pepper to taste. Give it one last stir and serve.