Honey, soy sauce and garlic kebabs
This recipe for soy sauce kebabs is like a party in your mouth. There is so much going on here. You have the sweetness of the honey, the zap of the chilli and savoury soy sauce that is all brought together with the warming spices the garlic and ginger.
Bring the marinade to a boil for a few minutes and serve it over the chicken with a little white rice. It is the perfect Summer dinner.
Soy sauce is becoming increasingly popular in Indian cooking. The use of garam masala and garlic and ginger paste makes this a fusion dish that simply needs to be tried.
If you have metal skewers for your barbecue, use them for these amazing soy sauce kebabs. They will help make this recipe even better. You could of course cook the chicken pieces and vegetables on a normal grill too.
Although you only need to marinate the meat for about an hour, additional marinating time will make the dish even better. I marinated mine for 48 hours.
Make the recipe for soy sauce kebabs your own.
It probably goes without saying but add as much garlic and ginger paste as you like. Some people like less garlic so the overriding taste is mainly the soy sauce but if garlic is your thing then go for an extra spoonful of it.
If you enjoyed this soy sauce chicken recipe go ahead and check out these other similar ones:
Steamed Salmon with soy sauce and chilli
Tandoori Salmon with soy sauce garlic and ginger
Thai Oven Steamed Salmon
International & UK Orders
Honey, Soy Sauce and Garlic Chicken Kebabs
- 6 x chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green chillie - very finely chopped or mashed into a paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic and ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green pepper cut into squares
- 1 red onion cut into squares.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken.
- Make sure that the chicken is completely covered.
- Marinate for one to 48 hours, stirring every 12 hours.
- When ready to cook, light your charcoal and skewer the chicken, onion and pepper if using skewers.
- Cook over the hot coals rotating regularly until cooked through.
- When cooked, set aside to rest while you bring the leftover marinade to a boil.
- Simmer for about five minutes.
- Plate the chicken pieces and pour the hot sauce over the top. This is great served with simple white rich.
Sunday 19th of July 2015
That looks delicious. Need to try it.