Growing up in California, I tasted my share of delicious Mexican salsas. I love them.
When I moved to the UK, I was surprised to find that many Punjabi and Pakistani chefs offer a wide range of delicious tomato chutneys that were so similar to the Mexican versions I already knew.
This tomato chutney will go spectacularly well with so many different dishes. From salmon steaks to lamb and chicken tikka kebabs, it’s a simple recipe that adds so much to the meal.
Do you like pappadams? Well it tastes great with them too.
In the Summer I would make this with fresh tomatoes but in the colder months tinned tomatoes will do just fine.
I know that salt isn’t good for you but I find that a health dose of flaky salt is a nice addition. Just add a little and more to taste.
International & UK Orders
- 400ml tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - smashed
- 4 green chilli peppers - chopped (more or less to taste)
- 1 small bunch chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of two limes
- 50ml beer ( you can drink the rest )
- Salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until the tomato chutney is smooth but still a bit chunky as pictured.
- That's it. Believe me, this tomato chutney can make a good meal great!