Like paneer? This chilli paneer is a must!
I make this chilli paneer all the time. Paneer is a great substitute for meat and can be used in so many different dishes.
This is a lip smacking way to serve paneer. The chilli paneer sauce is sweet, savoury and just as spicy as you like it. Use your favourite hot sauce for this one. You can use less if you really don’t like your sauces spicy hot.
I like to roll the seared, soft paneer with the fried veggies and sauce into hot, homemade stovetop naans. It’s so good. Of course it’s also good served as a saucy curry over plain white rice.
As you will see in the recipe, the sauce is really easy to prepare. You could add paneer right out of the pack but I like to sear mind for more flavour and that crispy textures.
Make this recipe your own
As with all of my recipes you can taylor this chilli paneer to your own tastes. Use fewer chillies if you like a milder sauce. I like to brown the paneer in a frying pan but if you are short of time simply add it straight from the packet.
If you like the look of this recipe why not try some of these similar ones:
Spicy Tomatoes with paneer
Tomato, Cheese and Onion Dosa
Paneer and vegetable Kebab
Spicy Paneer Masala Balti
Chilli Paneer Stir Fry
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 200g paneer – cubed
- 200g mixed coloured bell peppers – roughly chopped
- 3 Spring onions – roughly chopped
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 250ml (1 cup) tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp hot sauce
- 5 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 1 x 2.5cm (1 inch) ginger – finely chopped
- 75ml (1/4 cup) rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper
- Salt to taste
- Start by preparing the sauce. Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together and set aside. Heat three tablespoons oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan. When visibly hot add the cubed paneer to the pan and brown on two sides. Stir in the bell peppers and spring onions and fry until cooked through but still crisp.
- Now add the prepared sauce and stir it all up nicely. Check for seasoning and serve hot with plain rice or wrapped into hot naans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.